Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are crispy around the edges, soft and chewy in the middle and loaded with chocolate chips.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mix bread flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a hand whisk in a bowl, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper, then drop rounded cookie dough using a medium cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon. Add a few extra chocolate chips on top if desired. (You can just refrigerate the dough as is and form the rounded dough when ready to bake, but forming the dough before chilling will save you a lot of muscle work.)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24-36hrs.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 12 rounded cookie doughs 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or just until edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies continue to bake on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack and enjoy!
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: best chocolate chip cookie recipe, chewy chocolate chip cookies, soft chocolate chip cookies, New York Times chocolate chip cookies