These incredible banana muffins are moist, fluffy, and oh so good. They make for a great everyday breakfast or snack.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1 cup (240g) overripe mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, oil, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter amongst the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle some coarse sugar on top of each muffin if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You can store these banana muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze – Place the muffins in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and warm up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana muffin recipe, easy banana muffins