These jumbo size cookies are crispy around the edges, chewy and fudgy in the center.
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, melted and lukewarm.
- 3/4 cup (175g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (15g) nonfat milk powder
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) baking soda
- 300g chocolate chunks (I used a dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown and white sugar until nice and smooth. Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk again until glossy and completely blended.
- Using a sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix in the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a large cookie scoop or a 1/4 cup dry measuring cup, drop the cookie doughs 2 to 3 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges golden brown.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chunk cookies, bakery style chocolate chip cookies, milk bar chocolate chip cookies