Bakery Style Banana Nut Muffins
These banana nut muffins are soft, fluffy, loaded with banana flavor, and have a golden brown muffin top sprinkled with crunchy toasted walnuts.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2&1/2 cups (308g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (11g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (2g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/3 cup (83ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (188ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) overripe mashed banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (120g) chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 425F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla and bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir everything together and just as the batter starts to come together, fold in 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter amongst the 12 paper liners and top with the remaining 1/3 cup chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F. Keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 375F, bake for another 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: banana nut muffin recipe, banana walnut mufins, best banana nut muffins