This decadent rice pudding is soft with a custard-like texture and scented with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 2.5qt baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in the cooked rice, breaking apart any clumps. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the custard is set.
Leftover rice pudding can be stored covered up in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To freeze – place the completely cooled rice pudding in a freezer-friendly container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Serve cold or warm up in the microwave, loosely covered, for a few seconds.
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked rice pudding recipe, custard rice pudding