These dumplings are filled with lean ground turkey, chives, shredded carrots, and fresh ginger. They are baked to golden perfection and served with a sweet and spicy soya sauce.
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely minced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 dozen dumpling wrappers
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cook the turkey in a skillet drizzled with the vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Use a spatula to stir and break the meat apart. Cook until it all turns white and no pink meat remains. Drain the fat and let cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the turkey, chives, carrots, mayonnaise, ginger, soya sauce and sesame oil until evenly mixed.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of the dumpling wrapper. Moisten the outer edge of the wrapper with water. Fold the wrapper in half and pinch in the center.
- Use your thumb and fold over the top layer towards the center to make a pleat. Pinch along the edge to seal. Make 1-2 more pleats on the left side. Repeat on the right side.
- Place the dumplings, pleat side up, on the prepared baking sheet. You should be able to fit about 1-2 dozen on each baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the dumpling with cooking spray to help brown the surface. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Meanwhile, mix together the dipping sauce ingredients in a small dipping bowl. Serve with the dumplings as soon as they are done.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake and stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: turkey dumplings, Chinese dumplings, baked dumplings