These apple cinnamon muffins are soft and moist with a sweet cinnamon finish. They easy to make and loaded with tender chunks of apples!
- 2 & 1/2 cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (188ml) milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl; whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the oil, one cup of sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and gently stir using a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon-sugar. Generously sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Please note that the cinnamon-sugar will lose its crispiness after a day from all the moisture in the muffin. You can reheat in a toaster oven or conventional oven at 350F for 10 minutes to warm and crisp up the muffins.
- AP flour – You can swap half of the AP flour with whole wheat pastry flour for a healthier alternative. You can also use self-raising flour, just omit the baking powder and salt. To make these muffins gluten-free, use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 baking flour blend.
- Baking powder – If you don’t have baking powder, use 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar instead.
- Vegetable oil – You can use the same amount of melted unsalted butter, avocado oil or any type of yellow oil like canola or safflower.
- Eggs – The two eggs can be substituted with a 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce or 1/2 cup of mashed bananas.
- Milk – You can use any kind of dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Vegan option – Swap the eggs for applesauce and use non-dairy milk to make these muffins vegan.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple muffin recipe, apple cinnamon muffins. easy apple muffins