Bursting with the flavors of fall and apples, these baked apple cider donuts are not just easy to make, they are so scrumptious you’ll keep coming back for more!
- 1 & 1/2 cups (375 ml) apple cider
- 1 & 3/4 cups (245 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp apple pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (65g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (65g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (40 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk (or any kind of milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan and on med-high heat, bring the apple cider to a boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer until it reduces to about 1/3 cup (80ml), about 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 3 donut pans with non-stick cooking spray. If you only have 1 or 2 pans, just bake in batches.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, apple pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the apple cider reduction, granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag or use two tablespoons to fill each cavity of the prepared donuts pans almost full.
- Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer the donuts to a cooling rack.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Once the donuts are cool enough to handle, dip both sides of each donut in the melted butter and generously coat in the sugar mixture.
- Once the donuts have cooled slightly, lightly dip in melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar.
The donuts are best enjoyed the day of. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cider donut recipe, baked apple cider donuts