This moist, soft and fluffy angel food cake is a perfect summer dessert. It’s light as air and is essentially fat-free!
- Preheat oven to 350F and set aside a 10″ ungreased tube pan.
- Sift together the cake flour with 1 cup of sugar. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl, and whip on medium-high speed until frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar, salt, vanilla and almond extract. Continue to whip until soft peaks.
- In a very slow, steady stream, add 1/2 cup of the sugar, while continuing to whip until stiff peaks.
- Sift in the flour mixture, one third at a time, folding after each addition.
- Transfer the batter into an ungreased 10″ tube pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake upside-down, then remove from pan. Slice using a serrated knife.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: angel food cake recipe, easy angel food cake, fat-free cake recipe