Almond Berry Croissant Cake
Buttery flaky croissants, ripe juicy berries and crunchy almonds all baked in a luscious custard makes this cake absolutely irresistible.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 5 large croissants, halved
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 1&1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl or jug, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, cream and almond extract. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together the ground almonds and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Grease or line with parchment paper a leak-proof 9″ springform pan. Please make sure your springform pan is watertight. If it is not, place the baking pan on top of a cookie sheet, so the custard mixture doesn’t leak all over your kitchen and oven.
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan fully with the first layer of croissants. Sprinkle half of the almond mixture and place blackberries on top.
- Place another layer of croissants. Sprinkle rest of almond mixture and place raspberries on top.
- Cube the remainder croissant and place on top. Slowly pour the egg mixture over all the croissants to fully coat. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the custard is set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. Dust with some powdered sugar if desired.
Store leftover cake wrapped up in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: croissant custard cake recipe, breakfast croissant cake, berry custard cake