This easy no-bake key lime pie is cool, creamy and absolutely refreshing. It’s made with fresh key lime juice and lime zest, so the flavor is bright and bold, with just the right amount of tartness.
I love experimenting with no-bake desserts during the summer. Because when it’s stinking hot outside, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. And I don’t know how it is for the rest of the world, but here in Ontario, our electricity bills have tripled in the last five years. So for the amount of baking I do, it’s kind of nice to save a few pennies (that’s the cheap Asian in me).
This recipe begins with a basic honey graham cracker crust. You simply mix together some melted butter with some honey graham cracker crumbs, and press the mixture into a pie plate. Then you blend together some cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream and key lime juice. Pour that over the prepared crust and the work is done. Place the pie in the fridge to set overnight, and wake up the next day to a creamy-dreamy key lime pie.
- 2 cups (250g) honey graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp (90ml) melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup (125ml) whipping cream
- 1-8oz block cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp (40g) granulated sugar
- 1-10oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (125ml) key lime or lime juice (about 14 key limes or 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Mix together the cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into a 9" pie plate. Chill in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Using the same mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Mix in the condensed milk, key lime juice and lime zest. Add in the whipped cream and blend again until smooth.
- Pour over prepared crust and smooth the surface. Chill uncovered in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or best to let it set overnight.
- Garnish with some more whipped cream and key lime slices if desired.