These supremely soft and moist muffins have a bold pumpkin and spice flavor, and are topped with a crunchy sweet sugar coating.
I feel like I’m having a bit of a pumpkin obsession with my recent Pumpkin Spice Bread recipe and Pumpkin Pie with Salted Caramel Whip recipe, and now this. I hope you guys don’t mind all the pumpkin love.
Most pumpkin muffin recipes contain about 1 cup of pumpkin puree. This recipe has 1&1/2 cups of pumpkin puree in it, and that along with some yogurt makes these muffins extremely soft and moist. They’re also packed with pumpkin flavor and beautiful aromas of vanilla and spice. I used butter instead of oil in this recipe for a more rich taste and topped it with a cinnamon sugar mixture for added sweetness and texture.
- 1&3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (4g) pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp cloves, ½ tsp nutmeg)
- ½ tsp (2.5g) salt
- ½ cup (125ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1&1/4 cups (250g) sugar
- 1&1/2 cups (367g) pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60g) regular or Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tbsp (12g) sugar
- ½ tsp (1g) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir the butter and sugar together. Then add the pumpkin puree, eggs, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Divide batter into the 12 muffins cups.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then reduce the temp to 350F and bake for another 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I’ll be sharing this at Fiesta Friday #141 hosted by Angie, co-hosted by Julianna@FoodieonBoard and Zeba@FoodForTheSoul.