This is a velvety smooth white chocolate mousse layered with fresh ripe strawberries. No one will guess that this rich elegant dessert is made with only 4 ingredients. All you need for this recipe is white chocolate baking squares, Greek yogurt, whipping cream and fresh strawberries.
You simply melt the chocolate, stir in the yogurt, chill, beat the cream, fold it all together, layer it with some chopped strawberries (or any kind of fruit) and there you have it. I just adore how elegant it looks for something that is so easy to make. The recipe serves 4, but you can easily double or halve it depending on how many people you are entertaining. Enjoy this dessert by the spoonful. Its creamy whipped texture, luscious white chocolate flavor, and delicious ripe strawberries are sure to please. It’s perfect for any small gathering or a special dinner for two.
- 6 oz (170g) white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 cup (260g) plain Greek yogurt, room temperature (I used 0% fat)
- ½ cup (125ml) whipping cream
- 4 cups (1lb) fresh strawberries
- 4 wine glasses for serving (or any drinking glasses would work too)
- In a medium glass bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, then 30 seconds at a time until almost completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the yogurt and chill for 30 minutes to thicken (If the chocolate solidifies when you add the yogurt, just microwave for another few seconds and stir until smooth again, then chill)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into a piping bag or large plastic ziplock bag.
- Chop the strawberries, reserving 2 to garnish. Place ½ cup of chopped strawberries in each wine glass. Cut the tip of the piping bag or corner of the ziplock bag and squeeze some mousse on top of the strawberries. Repeat and garnish with the reserved halved strawberries. Serve or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Foodland Ontario.