An oreo cookie crust with a mascarpone whipped cream filling, and topped with a salted dark chocolate ganache. This easy, no-bake dessert is perfect for the summer.
With the temperature cooling down this past week, I was worried that the summer weather was over. But, I’m glad the heat is back because summer is so short here in Ontario, and as hot and humid as it can get at times, I always try to make the best of it and not complain. And hey, what better time to put together a no-bake recipe, right?
We were having company over and I decided to splurge and make something with mascarpone. As much as I love mascarpone, I don’t cook with it very often because I find it quite expensive. Although, I’ve read online that you can make your own for only $2 compared to $8 from the supermarket. If you’re interested, check out the how-to from Pastry Affair. It seems pretty easy. You can also substitute the mascarpone with cream cheese in this recipe.
This dessert is love at first bite. The whipped cream mascarpone is light and creamy, paired with the smooth dark chocolate ganache, and topped with a little sprinkle of sea salt to enhances all the flavors as everything just melts-in-your-mouth.
Recipe by Little Sweet Baker
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup cold whipping cream
- 275 grams softened mascarpone cheese (or 250 grams of cream cheese)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press onto the bottom and sides of a 9" tart pan. Chill in freezer.
- Using a handheld mixer, whip the whipping cream till soft peaks form, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla until incorporated. Add the whipped cream to the mixture and blend untill smooth. Pour over the chilled crust. Place back in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- To make the ganache, place the whipping cream in a small saucepan. Constantly stirring, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Pour over chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Let cool to touch and pour over frozen tart and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.